To help improve your health and make positive impacts in your life we offer several education classes:
Diabetes Self Management Education and Support (DSMES) – Our accredited DSMES course will take you through 10 hours of combined 1on1 and group education to provide you more information about diabetes and how you can create achievable goals to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
- DSMES is available to anyone with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. A
physician referral is required to participate in the program. Buena Vista Drug staff will update your physician with your progress in the classes on a regular basis.
- DSMES is broken down into a 1-hour 1on1 session and 9 hours of group
education. Each session will focus on education as well as setting and meeting individual healthy lifestyle goals.
- Several insurance plans cover DSMES. If your insurance does not cover
DSMES the total out of pocket price for the 10 hours is $504 (payment assistance may be available).
National Diabetes Prevention Program (National DPP) – Did you know that 1 in 3 people in the U.S. have prediabetes? Diabetes can be prevented through lifestyle modification. Through the intensive 6-month program and 18-month maintenance program our staff can help educate you on ways to make lifestyle changes that will impact your entire life and prevent the development of diabetes.
- In the US, 9 out of 10 people with pre-diabetes do not know they have
it. Fortunately, there is a quick and easy assessment tool to see your risk for developing diabetes.
- Often times pre-diabetes can be reversed with lifestyle changes and prevent the development of diabetes. If you score a high risk on the Risk Test please stop by the pharmacy or call the staff at Buena Vista Drug and we can discuss enrollment into our DPP program.
- DPP is covered by some insurance plans. The total out of pocket for 6 months of weekly meetings and then 18 monthly check-in meetings $400 (payment assistance and grant funding for gym and healthy cooking classes may be available).
Free Healthy Living Classes – We offer a variety of education classes in the evening about 1 – 2 times a month. These classes can include topics such as essential oils, CBD, compression stockings, lifestyle changes, and more.
Follow our Facebook page for information about upcoming classes, view our calendar, or call/email.